Balancing plot twists and messing with a player’s expectations without simply frustrating or misleading them, let alone being smug or hostile is a hell of a tall order, and most games would either fail or not even try. The Other Half bites off exactly as much as it can chew, and thoughtfully sprays crumbs across the, er, the table.
Rock Paper Shotgun
I was overhearing a man’s descent into madness, and how one woman’s feelings for him dissolved from trust to fear... It doesn’t get any less sickening, heartbreaking, or frustrating in real life, and that truth is reflected in this game.
Sometimes, a game comes out, and without much warnings, grabs you, swallows you, and spits you out like you’ve just been inside a washing-machine high speed tumbler.
À PROPOS DE CE JEU
A Demon Hunter receives a letter from Daniel, a man begging for help against a demonic infestation from the mountain that he calls home. The Hunter, in a search for him through the cold and abandoned world, will discover a twisted tale of intimacy and violence of the past, and must use that knowledge to purge the demons from the once-beautiful land.
- Hand animated 2D characters on a cold and ruined 3D world
- Methodical combat that rewards patience, precision, and knowing the enemies intimately
- A one-sitting narrative of discovering memory fragments that showcase the beauty of the past
- Fully voiced dialogues and narrations
- Optional Narrative Mode for those who don't want difficulty to affect the pacing of the story, without taking away the intensity of combat
DESCRIPTION DU CONTENU POUR ADULTES
Voici la description de l'équipe de développement à propos du contenu du produit :
Content warning: sexual assault